How to find the perfect home in a great location
On the hunt for that perfect property? One of the most crucial factors to consider is location.
In this article, we’ll share our top three tips to ensure you buy in a great location. Let’s get started.
1. Consider your personal circumstances
There is no one-size-fits-all location. Your unique circumstances will have a significant influence on the type of area you opt for. For example, a young, professional couple is most likely looking for an inner-city suburb close to work opportunities. A family, on the other hand, may be dreaming of the extra space a more suburban location could offer.
Think about your household dynamic and what you, as a group, are hoping to achieve with the big move. Take the time to address these concerns now – that way, everyone will be happy with your chosen location.
2. What features and facilities do you need access to?
Now that you’ve established what you are hoping to gain by moving to a new house, what features and facilities do you need to access to make this goal a reality?
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Amenities: consider transport networks, schools, playground, work opportunities, and healthcare.
- Demographic: what is the average age and household composition of those living in the area? Are they similar to you and your household?
- Crime rate: a particularly important consideration for those with small children or elderly family members
- Property types: what sort of property (free-standing home, apartment, duplex, etc.) would best suit your household? Does the area you are looking at have these types of properties?
- Other considerations: think about the location’s proximity to loud roads, industrial plants, and other, potentially harmful or inconvenient infrastructure
Of course, this is just a starting point. Write down the features and facilities that are most important to you.
3. Explore up-and-coming areas
Canberra and surrounding areas are experiencing growth in the housing market. This means there are a whole host of up-and-coming areas that offer all the convenience and charm of more established suburbs without the price tag.
Why not pay a visit to a few areas you are not familiar with? Explore the main street, drive past a few properties, and get a feel for the community. These lesser known locations may surprise – so get out there and explore! There really is something for every family.