What To Do When Buying a House?
Buying a house can be one of the most daunting experiences in your life; there are so many factors to consider and ensuring you are carrying out your due diligence is essential. If you are new to the housing market and you are looking to find out what to do when buying a house, we’ve put the basic steps together for a quick and easy overview on where to start.
Steps for buying a house for new home buyers
While you might have researched and gathered all the features you would like in your home, there are some basic steps to consider when buying to make sure you are making a wise investment. Outlined below are some simple steps to consider when buying a home or signing up for a new house and land package with your chosen builder.
- Research builders – if you want to ensure you are buying a quality home, you need to ensure the person who constructed the home is a local expert. If you have chosen to go down the house and land package route, be sure to search the best home builders in and around Canberra to get a feel for the companies that have a good reputation and may have been award-winning builders in recent years.
- Visit display homes – what better way to get a feel for the quality of a builder than to walk through one of their display homes and get a feel for their building and workmanship. Local builders in Canberra often have display homes available to the public, and this is a great way to kick the tyres and understand the attention to detail your builder will provide if you engage their services.
- Talk to a finance broker to determine borrowing capacity – before you start considering what you will pay, it is important to determine what you can afford to buy based on your income and expenses. Your accountant and finance broker can help to determine the amount you can borrow based on your income and outgoings, and this will ensure you aren’t looking at properties out of your borrowing capacity.
- Get a home loan – now is the time to look around at banks and credit unions to find out the best loan for your needs. Based on whether you have a salary or you own your own business, you will be able to find a loan that suits you. Home loans have a variety of features including overdraft facilities and much more, and you should take the time to chat with your mortgage broker or bank to understand the difference and what is best for your needs.
- Talk to a home consultant about best options – having a chat with home consultants will allow you to understand floor plans, features, inclusions, fixtures and what you envisage in your home. If you need extra space for guests or you want a super size kitchen, this is the part of the process where you work out a design and house plan that is perfectly matched to you and your family.
Be sure to research any new home buyers grants available for you in your state
In the ACT, Canberra locals can access a First Home Owners Grant of $7,000 to put towards the purchase of a new or renovated home that is valued at $750,000 or less. In addition, ACT residents that are eligible have options for stamp duty concessions to put towards purchasing their first home.
A quality home builder is with you from start to finish in your house and land journey, from enquiry,
preliminary agreement, pre-construction, construction and ongoing maintenance, at Achieve Homes,
we’re with you as you create the perfect home for you and your family.
The team from Achieve Homes offers customised designs and a range of house and land packages for new home buyers searching for their first home. Whether you are ready to buy or you are just starting to check out display homes and house designs, the friendly team from Achieve Homes can help.
Boasting some of the best display homes in Canberra, Achieve Homes works with customers to explore house designs and house plans that are suitable for first home buyers. If you are ready to buy or are starting to gather information on what to do when buying a house, the team from Achieve Homes are here to help.
With a wide range of customer house designs, display homes, and floor plans for our house and land packages across Canberra, we are with you every step of the way in your first home purchase. Get in touch today to find out how we can design a new home to suit your land and budget.